NOTICE: Due to supply and great demand, the Tannery pick-up location will remain closed until further notice as we restock. Thank you for your patience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Ambassadors pick up orders from other locations listed on the StaySafe website?
No! Rapid tests kits for StaySafe™ Ambassadors are ONLY available for pickup from the Tannery Event Centre in Kitchener. Other locations listed are Chambers of Commerce supporting local businesses, NOT for the Ambassador Program.
Do I have to be a resident of Waterloo Region to participate in the Ambassador program?
Residents outside of the Waterloo Region are welcome to join as long as you can pickup orders in Kitchener.
Is it OK to give tests out to others?
Yes – giving people a few tests to try at home themselves is great as long as:
- You do not sell the tests or otherwise require something of value in exchange
- You instruct them on proper usage
- They share results with you to report
- They understand that this program is just in the Waterloo Region, since we have a pilot agreement with the province here
- You encourage them to sign up as an ambassador themselves if they want to continue with regular testing
How long will the buffer solution last in the vial?
It should last at least a few weeks if you keep the caps tight, store vertically and out of direct sunlight. However, the best practice is to keep the time as short as possible to avoid accidental leakage.
I applied to the ambassador program over 72 hours ago, why have I not received a confirmation?
- Please double check your contact info and fill out each field carefully, especially the email address (not physical address)
- Incomplete application or application with incorrect email address will NOT be processed
- Please check the junk mail folder
How do I change/reschedule order pickup date/time?
The Tannery Event Centre opens 10am – 3pm, Monday – Friday except holidays & some long weekend Fridays (Updates: https://staysafescreen.ca/#contact). You are welcome to pickup anytime during open hours, no need to reschedule.
Can my family/friends pick up my order for me?
Yes, please make sure they have your order number and the name on the order (for our volunteers to verify).
I’m at 151 Charles St W, Kitchener, where exactly is the Tannery Event Centre?
Please see this link for details: https://staysafescreen.ca/#contact
Where do I report test results?
On the ordering site (tests.StaySafeScreen.ca), click on the Report tab. Please make sure you’ve done reporting for previous orders (at least 70%), or the new order will be refused at pickup.
I’m having issues with the website, what do I do?
If you have issues placing an order or doing reporting, please try a different browser or device (computer/tablet/smartphone, etc.).
Where are the video and PDF instructions?
How to dispose used tests?
Please dispose used test as regular garbage (not in the recycle bin). They are not biohazardous waste.
My community group is interested, how can we sign up?
Can these tests be used for proof of a negative test?
No. Self-administered tests are generally not accepted as proof of a negative test result (for travel etc.). A rapid antigen test with proof of results can be obtained from Shoppers Drug Mart for $40 each (as of Sept. 2021).
What are good resources for learning about rapid tests?
There are many online. Some of our favourites are:
- StaySafe learn
- Ontario self-test instructions and video
- Creative Destruction Lab Rapid Screening Consortium
- Dr. Michael Mina on YouTube and Twitter
- Abbott Panbio product documentation
Where can I learn more about the StaySafe program and its origins?
You can consult this list of media articles.